Long dangles of multicolor copper and glazed ceramics, our boho earrings will make a statement for women who love shoulder dusters, unusual design and authentic handmade jewelry.
- Overall earring length - 3 inches
- Dangle length - 2 1/2 inches
- Square size - 5/16 x 5/16"
Construction / process:
- Beginning with a new sheet of upcycled copper, we create long rectangles, edge off the corners, hammer to add our unique random textured effect, and flame wash to achieve a brilliant rainbow of variegated coloration and warm rich patina.
- The coppery, fire oxidized palette includes:
- Burnt orange
- Fuchsia pink
- Turquoise blue
- Silvery lavender
- Below these artisan metalwork strips, we drop earthy two tone glazed ceramic square beads in contrasting shades of mint green on one side and mottled coffee / chocolate / honey brown on the other.
- Using duos of handcrafted jump rings and repurposed rolo links, we attach the 2- part dangles to our hand forged bud tipped hook earwires.
- After an intensive quality inspection, the pair is ready to go!
- Bohemian / gypsy
- Rustic / primitive
- Ethnic / tribal
- Geometric / abstract
- Eclectic / wabi sabi*
Composition / materials:
- Solid copper
- Hand cut sheet metal links
- Ear wires and wrapping pins
- Connector rings
- Glazed ceramic / porcelain beads
- Each copper component is crafted individually by hand in our workshop / studio, with the texturing and heat application resulting in varied patterns.
- No two of the ceramic beads are exactly alike.
- Therefore, as the photos show, these earrings are purposely "mismatched" rather than identical. While the pair your receive will closely resemble the photographs, yours will always remain one of a kind pieces of designer jewelry by Mollie Meserve.
*Wabi sabi is a Japanese term, roughly translated: "The beauty of imperfection."
Prefer different beads and/or sterling silver? Please contact us prior to purchase to discuss choices for a bespoke, custom order. Thank you!
Your earrings will arrive enclosed in a natural tan presentation box similar to the one shown in the photographs.