Antiqued Copper Necklace with Pearl Pendant and Chain
For this eclectic necklace, Mollie Meserve crafted a pendant disc of solid copper as background for a lustrous golden bronze pearl dangle and linked the assemblage to her handmade specialty chain of matching pearls and figure 8 infinity links.
Chain:* Adjusts- Choker to 19 inches long
- Pendant: 2 1/2" L x 1 1/8" W
- Processing time: 1- 2 business days
Designed to appeal to women who appreciate the unique style and careful construction of original artisan metalwork, the necklace combines features of both established fashion traditions and new and upcoming statements.
- Stylistic Expressions:
- Art Nouveau
- Boho Bohemian
- Medieval / Old World / Renaissance
- Rustic / Primitive
- Ideal for:
- 7th Wedding Anniversary - Copper
- June Birthday - Pearl Birthstone
The antiqued copper disc, slightly concave to cradle the pearl drop, is hammer textured with indented round swirls to suggest abstract, stylized flower petals and to gather and reflect light to accent the luster of the pearl.
The long pendant is attached to the center of the chain with a wrapped link and supporting ring.
At the front and along the sides a quartet of pearls, two symmetrically placed on each side and wire wrapped among the links, confirm the warm tones of the piece. The chain comprises figure 8 Infinity links in 2 sizes; the larger, about 16mm long, are hammered and lightly oxidized; for contrast the smaller links are about 8mm long and present a bit darker finish.
Materials: Solid copper
- Sheet metal
- Chain and connector links
- Hand forged hook and eye loop clasp
- Genuine Freshwater Pearls
- Nontoxic finishing solution
- *The convertible length chain, comprises a mix of hammered links in sizes and finishes:
- 5/8" long, lightly oxidized medium finish
- 5/16" richly oxidized darker finish