Bringing us the cool, relaxed feeling of summer at the beach all year long, this handmade boho necklace showcases Mollie Meserve's forged copper starfish linked into an adjustable choker - to - matinee length chain beaded with bright turquoise blue and off white gemstones.
Colorful and eclectic, this artisan jewelry design will go from a stroll along the seashore to dinner on the terrace and dancing under the stars, and will dress up even the most casual outfit.
Jeans and tee? Yep.
Daytime party dress? Of course.
Dressy evening event. You betcha!
Starting with a sheet of brand new copper, our studio artisan hand cut the stylized star, smoothed away any rough edges or sharp points, and hammered it to achieve the natural texture (yes, bumpy) of the little creatures you'll see while beachcombing. Tumbled for a bright and glossy finish then washed in a blue flame to create the rainbow patina, the star fish presents a multicolor palette in colors varying from deep coppery orange to golden bronze, pink fuchsia and even a touch of silver.
This necklace is not only adaptable to your favorite length, it's also asymmetric, which means the starfish can be worn front and center or, for a fun loving touch, off to one side or the other. The "look" is your choice - depending on your mood and the occasion.
- Rustic / primitive
- Ocean / seaside/ nautical
- Cottage chic fashion
- Necklace - up to just over 21 inches
- Starfish - approximately 1 1/5 inch point to point
- Solid copper
- Flame washed starfish focal piece
- Handcrafted chain of figure 8 links
- Handforged hook and eye clasp
- Matrix howlite oval beads
- Dyed mountain "jade" round spheres
(Note: While "mountain jade" is a real stone, it is not genuine jade.)
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Our Processing Time: 1-2 business days
- Your necklace will be in the mail within 2 business days, enclosed in a natural color presentation box very much like the one shown in the photograph.