Classically elegant with hints of Art Nouveau and Edwardian stylistic influences, this necklace by Mollie Meserve combines ruby gemstones and sterling silver to make a sophisticated statement in handcrafted jewelry.
• The central focal pendant features a handmade teardrop of hammered silver embracing the largest of the graduated gems simply wire wrapped near the top of the frame.
• Forming the beaded front section, the precious corundum stones, alternating with sterling twist beads, present the somewhat "rough" aspects and nearly opaque look of raw rubies, hand faceted to reflect the light.
• Above the brios Mollie has stacked tiny ruby rondelles and added an oval link cable chain finished with her hand formed S hook and double eye closure clasp. From the hook, another ruby swings on a matching chain to add a touch of glamor to the back of the piece.
- Approximate dimensions:
- Pendant -1 1/4 inch long by 7/8" wide (outer frame measurements)
- Overall necklace length (including the fastener) - 16 3/4 inches
- Beaded section - 5 1/2 inches
- Back dangle - 2 3/8"
- Genuine rubies
- Sterling silver beads, chain, hand forged pendant drop and fastener
- The Ruby is the July Birthstone.
- Silver is traditional for the 25th Anniversary.
With your necklace, you will also receive a neutral tan presentation box, compliments of Mollie Meserve Designs.